Assisi is a medieval town in Umbria situated on a hill surrounded by olives and cypresses trees. Known all over the world for St. Francis and his Basilica that is the main step of our tour. You will also appreciate the original frescoes of Giotto and Cimabue and discover the old-fashioned chapels hidden along narrow streets and filled with artisans, shops and art galleries. Then we will move to Perugia, a well-known artistic centre with an history that goes back to the Etruscan period. Perugia is also home of a very famous painter, Pietro Vannucci, nicknamed Perugino. Teacher of Raphael, the great
Renaissance artist, Perugino decorated the local Sala del Cambio with a beautiful series of frescoes;
eight of his pictures can also be admired in the National Gallery of Umbria. Another famous painter, Pinturicchio, lived in Perugia and realized the city symbol, the Griffin, which can be seen in the form of plaques and statues on the buildings around the city. The city is also known as a university town, with the University of Perugia (about 34,000 students) and for the annual festivals and events as: the Eurochocolate Festival (October), the Umbria Jazz Festival, and the International Journalism Festival (April).
- Pick up at 7:30 AM at your location in Rome
- Arrival in Assisi at 10:30 AM
- Visit the city until 12:00 PM
- Stop for lunch in Assisi
- Drive to Perugia and visit the city
- Back to Rome around 4:30 PM
- Arrival in Rome around 7:30 PM
Entry fees and Lunch are not included. To be paid separately
- We suggest what to see, but you decide.
- We can plan and customize together all the different opportunities and itineraries.
- You will have at your disposal a Driver Guide, who will take you on this Rome Day Tour to discover what you have chosen to see.
Our tours are flexible and completely focused on your needs and desires.
- Driver Guide Service
- From 1 to 4 passengers €399,00 “Sedan”
- From 5 to 6 passengers €449,00 “Minivan”
- From 7 to 8 passengers €499,00 “Minivan”
Special price for couple. Ask us today!