We can show you the most important monuments and make you discover Rome in one day starting from the port of Civitavecchia. We offer friendly and professionals english speaking driver guides or official drivers tour guides with an excellent knowledge of the territory, who make our Rome private tour more efficient and different from the other ones. We will pick you up at your Hotel/B&B coming with you around Rome to discover the Colosseum (one of the seven modern wonders of the world) with no queues! We will continue the tour visiting the Catacombs, the Appian Way, going on towards the Circus Maximus and Palatine Hill. We will stop for a nice lunch in a typical Roman Trattoria. After this recreational break you will visit, along with your Official Tour Guide, the most famous landmarks in the world: The Vatican Museums, the Sistine Chapel, St. Peter Basilica and St. Peter Square, naturally with no queues.
- Civitavecchia Shore Excursion: Self-guided day trip to Rome with a driver
- Get inside tips from your driver
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- See Rome’s highlights at your own pace
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
What to Expect
After disembarking from the cruise around 8am, head just 30-meters from the cruise ship to meet up with a friendly English-speaking driver. From there, head directly to St. Peter’s Square via luxury vehicle . Located behind the walled Vatican City (and seat of the Catholic Church), this is where you’ll be able to see Michelangelo’s magnificent Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Basilica and its impressive square.
After exploring the area independently, head to the colorful Piazza di Spagna and its world famous Spanish Steps. Stop here and soak in the full flavor of Roman life. Then head over to the Colosseum to marvel at its intricate underground passageways. This majestic ruin, the largest amphitheater built during the Roman Empire, was begun in 72 AD by Vespasian. For a small extra fee, you may purchase a skip the line ticket, a guided tour option, an audio guide, or video tour. Head to the Pantheon, the best preserved building from ancient Rome. Built by Emperor Hadrian in 126 AD its magnificent dome is lasting testimony to the genius of Roman architects, as the building stands virtually intact it offers a unique opportunity for the modern visitor to step back thousands of years and experience ancient Rome.
Other stops along the way include Trevi Fountain, Navona’s Square and Venice Square. The itinerary offered is flexible and can be modified to fit your schedule. Choose from a luxury sedan up to 3 people , minivan for up to 9 people or opt for a minibus for 16-19 people (call in to make orders for this group size). An informative driver who is a true local expert will take you to every site and share his knowledge along the way. The driver will pick you up around 4pm and have you back to port by 5:30pm, allowing plenty of time for maximum exploring. Please note that a tour guide is not included and the driver will not enter any of the sites with you.
- Pick up at the port at 8:00 a.m.
- Colosseum Tour with no queues
- Colosseum Tickets:
- KIDS: FREE 6-18 yo with a valid ID
- ADULTS: € 20,00 VAT included
- Catacombs Tour with no queues
- The Appian Way tour
- Palatine Hill, panoramic view from The Circus Maximus
- Lunch in a typical Roman Trattoria
- Vatican Museums, the Sistine Chapel and Saint Peter basilica tour
- Vatican Private guide 150 € not included
- Vatican Museums Tickets:
- KIDS: € 20,00 | 6 – 18 yo VAT included
- ADULTS: € 25,00 VAT included
- We suggest what to see, but you decide.
- We can plan and customize together all the different opportunities and itineraries.
- You will have at your disposal a Driver Guide and an Official Tour Guide , who will take you on this Rome Day Tour to discover what you have chosen to see.
Our tours are flexible and completely focused on your needs and desires.
- Driver Guide Service
- Official Tour Guide
- From 1 to 3 passengers €349,00 “Sedan”
- From 4 to 6 passengers €399,00 “Minivan”
- From 7 to 8 passengers €449,00 “Minivan”
Special price for couple. Ask us today!