The cultural and historical impact of Florence is overwhelming. The Medici family brought to its Court all the most important italian Renaissance artists, and completely changed this amazing city, turning Florence into one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Our tour will start from Michelangelo Square where you could have a breathtaking view on the city. Then we will drive you down to Santa Croce Church where are buried many important italian artists such as Michelangelo and Galileo Galilei. The tour goes on around the city whit a visit to the Duomo, Giotto Bell Tower, the Signoria Square and the Signoria Palace, The Old Bridge and Pitti Palace. After that we will bring you to Accademia Museum (closed on Mondays) to visit the David by Michelangelo or to the Uffizi Gallery. It’s possible to make a reservation in advance with no extra cost.
If you are particularly interested in art and architecture, the tour can be customised in order to visit additional churces where you will find masterpieces by Michelangelo, Raphael, Bernini or Caravaggio.
ITALYinTOURS suggest: Shown below the attractions and the options included in our tour. The first step is the Accademia, where you will find the David by Michelangelo or The Uffizi painting Museum. If you don’t want to see the museum during your walking tour, you might wander through the bustling clothes, purse and leather market or food market, near the San Lorenzo church with its plain facade and enchanting interior. At the back of the church there is the once private Medici Chapel, filled with artistic treasures, that is now open to visitors “New Sacristy by Michelangelo”. Then we will go on visiting Santa Maria Novella and the oldest “Farmacia” in the world. In alternative you could visit the Accademia with the David by Michelangelo or The Uffizi painting Museum. The third option is to get a Car with a Driver & Tour Guide and explore Florence, its amazing squares, churches and Museums, plus its surrounding, overlooking the city with its breath taking panoramas. A full immersion into Italian beauty!
- Full-day trip from Rome to Florence
- Travel through the Tuscan countryside, admiring the scenery near Tevere River
- Enjoy a guided tour of the Accademia Gallery in Florence and see Michelangelo’s David and Quattro Prigioni sculptures
- Admire Brunelleschi’s Dome and Giotto’s Bell Tower at Florence Duomo
- Relax over lunch in a restaurant near Piazza della Signoria
- Visit one of Florence’s famous leather-making schools
What to Expect
Your day trip to Florence starts when you board your luxury minivan at your hotel in Rome and set off on the drive north into Tuscany. During the journey, admire the landscapes of vineyard-covered hills and olive groves surrounding the Tevere River that make up this famously beautiful region of Italy.
When you arrive in Florence, the region’s capital, your first destination is the Accademia Gallery (Gallerie dell’Accademia), best known for housing Michelangelo’s David sculpture, as well as other artistic highlights like Madonna and Child by Botticelli and Quattro Prigioni, an unfinished sculpture by Michelangelo that depicts prisoners trying to escape from the marble in which they are carved.
Next, exit the gallery and take a walking tour of the city with your guide to check out major sights such as the Florence Duomo (Basilica di Santa Maria del Fiore), recognizable by its orange dome designed by Renaissance architect Fillipo Brunelleschi, and Giotto’s Bell Tower. Visit a local restaurant near Piazza della Signoria for a typical Florentine lunch, and then continue your walking tour to Basilica di Santa Croce, where Michelangelo is buried. Your last attractions is one of Florence’s leather-making schools, where you’ll learn about this age-old tradition for which the city is known, as well as other historical Tuscan crafts like mosaics and gold work.
When your time in Florence comes to an end, return to your luxury minivan for the drive back to Rome, where your day trip concludes.
- Start at 7:30 A.M. from your location in Rome
- Arrival in Florence at 10:00 A.M.
- Visit the city with a tour guide until 1 P.M.
- Stop for lunch and wine tasting in Florence
- Back to Rome at 4 P.M.
- Arrival in Rome around 7:00 P.M.
- No Lines
- Admission tickets not included
- We suggest what to see, but you decide.
- We can plan and customize together all the different opportunities and itineraries.
- You will have at your disposal a Driver Guide and an Official Tour Guide , who will take you on this Central Italy Tour to discover what you have chosen to see.
Our tours are flexible and completely focused on your needs and desires.
Tour Guide is available for € 300,00 FULL DAY
- Driver Guide Service
- From 1 to 4 passengers €549,00 “Sedan”
- From 5 to 6 passengers €599,00 “Minivan”
- From 7 to 8 passengers €649,00 “Minivan”
Special price for couple. Ask us today!