Italy boosts a wealth of beautiful countryside and the area surrounding Rome is no exception! Set out a drive from the your hotel through the Roman hill.
The Campagna around Rome is enchanting; rolling hills and lush farmlands are dotted with farmhouses, villas and palaces.
You will reach the lake Albano in the crater of an extinct volcano. Winding your way up the top of nearby hill you will stop for a short stroll in the lovely medieval town of Castel Gandolfo, where the popes have kept their summer residence for centuries. In fact Castel Gandolfo’s Papal Palace and gardens are actually part of the sovereign Vatican State.
- Half-day trip to Castelli Romani from Rome
- Admire the scenery of the Alban Hills where the pretty Castelli Romani towns are found
- Visit Lake Albano and Castelgandolfo, the summer home of the pope
- Explore the pretty towns of Rocca di Papa and Grottaferrata
- Sample a glass of Frascati in the town where it’s produced
What to Expect
Get picked up at your hotel in Rome. Then hop on your comfortable luxury minivan for the journey to idyllic Castelli Romani, a collection of hill top towns outside of Rome. The guided tour takes you first along the legendary Appian Way, the ancient Roman road that went southward all the way to Brindisi. See the Baths of Caracalla and the Chapel of Domine Quo Vadis along the way.
The first stop is Castel Gandolfo, where the pope historically retreats in the summer to escape the heat of Rome. The placid diminutive town is packed with historic sites, including the Church of St. Thomas of Villanova, designed by Baroque master, Gian Lorenzo Bernini.
After lingering a while in town, head with your guide to Grottaferrata and Rocca di Papa, two small towns that are known for their gastronomic delights. Learn about why porchetta, a juicy pork dish, is famous here, and then head further up into the Alban Hills to the village of Frascati, a spot well known for its wine production. Take in the incredible views of the surrounding countryside, perhaps wander around the village on your own for a short time, exploring all its nooks, and then sample a glass of locally-made wine.
Hop back on the minivan and head back to Rome.
- Pick up from your location in Rome at 8:00 AM
- Private Luxury car led by an expert driver/guide
- A private Licensed Tour guide who comes with you along your visit
- Admission tickets not included
- No queues
- Tour duration: 5 hours
- We suggest what to see, but you decide.
- We can plan and customize together all the different opportunities and itineraries.
- You will have at your disposal a Driver Guide and an Official Tour Guide , who will take you on this Tour to discover what you have chosen to see.
Our tours are flexible and completely focused on your needs and desires.
- Driver Guide Service
- Official Tour Guide
- From 1 to 4 passengers €299,00 “Sedan”
- From 5 to 6 passengers €349,00 “Minivan”
- From 7 to 8 passengers €399,00 “Minivan”
Special price for couple. Ask us today!