Pisa is one of the best known and mysterious cities in Tuscany. Its mysterious and over celebrated attraction, The Leaning tower has become, along with the Colosseum, a symbol for the entire Italian Republic. Few months ago, after along restoration, the tower was reopened and now you can climb it up to admire the amazing view. The trek to the top is a fantastic experience in itself, as you can feel the lean in the structure while you wind your way to the peak. Other attractions are the Field of Miracles, the Cathedral, the Camposanto cemetery and the Baptistry. After a quick car drive from the square, you can find the beautiful church of St. Piero a Grado. According to legend this is built on the spot where St. Peter first set foot on Italian soil in AD 42.
Once we have explored Pisa, we will move on to visit the town of Lucca.
Lucca, is a delightful city that presents a grid of Roman roads surrounded by its mighty medieval ramparts. In Lucca you will appreciate the Chamber music, the Romanesque churches and a plenty of museums and monuments. Casa di Puccini is an interesting visit for opera lovers, as this 15th century house rapresents a valuable italian shrine. Lucca’s flat landscape and narrow lanes create the perfect conditions for commuting by bicycle, as many locals do. The Piazza del Mercato supports what survives of the ancient Roman amphitheater. Medieval houses frame the square and low archways provide the gateways through which the Roman gladiators used to emerge. During the city’s sights you will see also the Duomo, San Michele, San Frediano, Museo Nazionale Guinigi and Torre Guinigi.
- Start at 7:30 AM from your location (Hotel, B&B, Apartment, etc.) in Rome
- Arrival in Pisa at 10:30 AM
- Tours until 1 p.m.
- Lunch in Lucca
- Visit Lucca with a local tour guide ( customizable )
- Back to Rome at 4 PM
- Arrival in Rome around 8:00 PM
- We suggest what to see, but you decide.
- We can plan and customize together all the different opportunities and itineraries.
- You will have at your disposal a Driver Guide , who will take you on this Central Italy Tour to discover what you have chosen to see.
Our tours are flexible and completely focused on your needs and desires.
- Driver Guide Service
- From 1 to 4 passengers €529,00 “Sedan”
- From 5 to 6 passengers €579,00 “Minivan”
- From 7 to 8 passengers €599,00 “Minivan”
Special price for couple. Ask us today!