Enjoy this day trip from Rome to Pompei and the Amalfi coast with your driver guide. We’ll pick you up in the morning at your location in Rome and drive you in about 2 and half hours to Pompeii where a local official tour guide will take you on a Private tour to discover the beauty and mystery of Pompeii.
- Day trip to Mount Vesuvius and Pompeii from Rome
- Hike up the side of the volcano and walk along its ridge, gazing into the crater
- Drink in dramatic views over the Bay of Naples
- Experience the world-famous Napolitan pizza
- In the winter season (late November to March), enjoy a visit to the City of Naples, with its regal architecture and timeless traditions, all set against the backdrop of Mt. Vesuvius
What to Expect
Hop aboard on coach at your location in Rome, and travel south in air-conditioned comfort to Italy’s Campania region. Southern Italy area and Mt Vesuvius.
After the volcano’s infamous AD 79 eruption, lava and volcanic ash destroyed the cities of Herculaneum and Pompeii. Evidence of those ancient streams of lava is still evident in the area, and your guide will show them as you travel.
Step out of your coach for a steady-paced, 20-minute walk to Mt Vesuvius’ summit, from where the most breathtaking views await. Make your way over trails covered in pumice rock and ash, before some free time to gaze down into the caldera and across the Bay of Naples.
Walk back down with your guide, and then head into Naples for a lunch of traditional pizza. From Naples, journey further south to complete your day trip from Rome to Pompeii. Once a thriving Roman city; today the town is best known for its UNESCO-listed archaeological digs, which are home to a wealth of relics. See incredibly preserved fossils and other ruins, plus plaster imprints of the town’s victims who were buried for years.
See the remains of the Forum and Teatro Grande, were some 5,000 people could once be seated. From your Pompeii tour guide, hear about day-to-day life for the Pompeii locals as you wander streets where ancient shops, cafes and even brothels could be found.
Finally, head back to Rome by coach and finish with a drop-off at the start point.
- Pick up from your location in Rome at 7:30 AM
- Private Luxury car led by an expert driver/guide
- A private Licensed Tour guide who comes with you along your visit
- Admission tickets not included
- No queues
- Tour duration: 8 hours
- We suggest what to see, but you decide.
- We can plan and customize together all the different opportunities and itineraries.
- You will have at your disposal a Driver Guide , who will take you on this Southern Italy Tour to discover what you have chosen to see.
Our tours are flexible and completely focused on your needs and desires.
- Driver Guide Service
- Official Tour Guide
- From 1 to 4 passengers €399,00 “Sedan”
- From 5 to 6 passengers €449,00 “Minivan”
- From 7 to 8 passengers €499,00 “Minivan”
Special price for couple. Ask us today!