Visit the historic vacation homes of the Roman elite on a Rome to Tivoli day trip. The full-day guided excursion includes tours of Tivoli’s two UNESCO-listed sites: Hadrian’s Villa and Villa d’Este. Hear Renaissance and Ancient Roman history and scandal, admire archaeological ruins and explore some of Italy’s most extravagant private gardens.
- 7-hour Tivoli day trip from Rome
- Learn intriguing Renaissance history on a guided walking tour of two villas east of Rome
- Explore the archaeological ruins of Hadrian’s Villa, former home to 2nd-century Emperor Hadrian
- Admire the stunning gardens of Villa d’Este and see the famous Fountain of Neptune
- Transport from Rome to Tivoli by air-conditioned minivan
What to Expect
Travel from Rome to Tivoli by air-conditioned minivan to start your day trip. As you travel, listen to your guide’s commentary about Tivoli, a historic town in the Monti Tiburtini hills. A prestigious vacation spot in the days of Ancient Rome, the town is now popular for its two UNESCO World Heritage Sites: Hadrian’s Villa and Villa d’Este.
Your first stop in Tivoli is at Hadrian’s Villa for a walking tour. Hear how the villa belonged to Emperor Hadrian who desired an unassuming vacation home as a tribute to his lover. By modern standards, his ‘humble abode’ could be considered a town in its own right. The ruins of the emperor’s impressive estate consist of more than 30 buildings, and you’ll see the highlights as you explore. Discover the complex ruins of the old imperial palace as well as thermal baths, temples, libraries and subterranean passages that are wide enough for vehicles.
Enjoy lunch at your own expense, and then continue to Villa d’Este: explore the former Benedictine convent, and see why many consider the villa to be one of the finest of the Renaissance era.
As you explore, hear how Villa d’Este was built as an opulent abode for the son of Lucretia Borgia, a 15th-century duchess who attracted drama and gossip wherever she went. Make your way past the Fountain of Neptune, and wander through the gardens to see waterfalls, fountains and centenary trees.
Leave Villa d’Este after your tour, and then relax on your journey back to Rome.
- Pick up from your location in Rome at 9:00 AM
- Private Luxury car led by an expert driver/guide
- A private Licensed Tour guide who comes with you along your visit
- Admission tickets not included
- No queues
- Tour duration: 7 hours
- We suggest what to see, but you decide.
- We can plan and customize together all the different opportunities and itineraries.
- You will have at your disposal a Driver Guide and an Official Tour Guide , who will take you on this Rome Tivoli Tour to discover what you have chosen to see.
Our tours are flexible and completely focused on your needs and desires.
- Driver Guide Service
- Official Tour Guide
- From 1 to 4 passengers €299,00 “Sedan”
- From 5 to 6 passengers €349,00 “Minivan”
- From 7 to 8 passengers €399,00 “Minivan”
Special price for couple. Ask us today!