If you’re short on time but want to make the most of your visit to Italy, experience the famous Tuscan countryside with this full-day tour from Rome. Travel by air-conditioned minivan to a landscape of rolling hills, olive groves and vineyards, stopping to stroll through the UNESCO-listed hilltop village of San Gimignano. Visit a winery in the famed Chianti region for a tour and tasting with appetizers, and explore the well-preserved medieval city of Siena, home to the popular Il Palio horse race.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Small group ensures personal service
What to Expect
Enjoy travelling through Italy on a full-day journey from Rome in a Small Group max 12 people (only 6/7 per minivan), we’ll through the hills of Chianti to visit the cities of San Gimignano and Siena.
San Gimignano, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is known as ‘the city of the hundred towers’ and it still maintains some of its original features and timeless charm. Furthermore, the name ‘San Gimignano’ is linked to one of the most historical Tuscan wines: La Vernaccia di San Gimignano.
Arrive in San Gimignano to explore its charming Medieval streets and visit the old center of this wonderful city.
Stop to sample wine and other local food products in the beautiful cellar of a Chianti wine estate. Taste 10 different types of wine and oil, tour the estate, and learn about processing of the grapes. Sit down for a Tuscan lunch in the winery.
Next, continue to Siena, a beautiful Medieval city in Italy. Visit the heart of Siena and the central square known as ‘Piazza del Campo,’ known worldwide for the famous Palio, a horse race around the square twice each summer. Siena is famous not only for its wine but also for its sweets, including the ‘Panpepato,’ ‘Panforte,’ and ‘Ricciarelli.’ Stop for a good Italian coffee and taste a typical sweet of Siena.
Depart for the return trip to Rome at 5:00 pm.
- Meeting point at your location in Rome at 8:00 AM (Hotel,B&B, Villas, etc.)
- Private car tour led by an expert driver/guide
Wine Tasting, entry fees and Lunch are not included. To be paid separately
- We suggest what to see, but you decide.
- We can plan and customize together all the different opportunities and itineraries.
- You will have at your disposal a Driver Guide , who will take you on this Rome Day Tour to discover what you have chosen to see.
Our tours are flexible and completely focused on your needs and desires.
- Driver Guide Service
- From 1 to 4 passengers €499,00 “Sedan”
- From 5 to 6 passengers €549,00 “Minivan”
- From 7 to 8 passengers €599,00 “Minivan”
Special price for couple. Ask us today!